Monday, August 23, 2010

The Sixth Sense

Everything is connected, but sometimes we have a loose connection that needs to be attended to.

Automatic journaling is how we enhance our connection with our Higher Power, sixth sense or intuition. Journaling is not just a writing exercise, but a process of becoming fully engaged with the Universal Mind. Our level of engagement continues throughout our daily experiences in what I like to call the "workshop of the world. We know this as our current reality. It's like we are participating in a theatrical play, where the script unfolds as the scenes unravel themselves. It's an "auto-pilot" production and we are the players. The clearer our Universal connections or intuition, the better for us. We stay in the position of "heightened observer." The scenes of life become more vibrant or clearer like HDTV and our ability to ask or hear specific directions is greatly enhanced. In other words, the connection is clear because the debris has been removed.

Sometimes intuition speaks softly, other times very loudly. In my experience, it's always best to listen. Intuition allows us to see more and to make better choices. These choices can change one's life dramatically. This is what happened to me in the middle of the night.

Act I Scene I

I'm awakened by our alarm system making a strange noise that I've never heard before. It wasn't all that loud, but since I have a tendency to "policing" my life, my mind seems to stay alert to any and all changes in my environment, a result of early childhood trauma. I get up and flight on the light. No light. No electricity. Oh damn. What's going on. Heart racing a bit. Wake the husband. Just for a moment, wondering what I would be doing if there was no husband. Am I such a needy person??? Realizing the child part of me is so very fearful, but I can turn this off. Just this week I released my child from her leg braces, taking my position as a mature Self. Deciding to wake the husband, so he won't feel "left out". Also, depending on what happens next, he may be useful, especially since he really likes to take charge.

Act I Scene 2

Well, as expected, he takes over, directing me through the house with flashlights, calming the child, even though the child was calmed long ago, but no need to announce that. Nothing to be gained. "Just a regular black-out" was his diagnosis. As for the alarm, "who knows. It's not the first time the damn thing did something strange." I do have to agree, although the police, investigative part of me isn't satisfied, but no need to get into this discussion in the middle of the night. Those subjects are best saved for another time, if at all. Lessons learned from many years of marriage. Husband returns to bed, snoring within minutes. The investigative-police part of me is happy to have him removed from the scene. She also likes to be in charge.

Act 2 Scene 1

Awake and alert. Time to research and collect evidence. What's really going on here? Another presence is felt. I immediately know it to be Universal Intelligence, an active group of spiritual helpers. Some people call these "angels." Whoever they are, I'm happy they're here. I feel at peace and safe. The childSelf is directed to sit quietly on the sofa to observe, for this is how the child part of us learns to mature.

I'm told to disengage the alarm and go into the garage. Calmly now. As I open the door, the smell of smoke touches my nostrils. I look around, but everything appears normal, except for the smell. I wish the lights were on. I'm instructed to call the electric company and receive a recorded message. Our address is checked via their automatic-response computer and I'm told that the problem will be resolved by the next morning.

The investigative-police part of me isn't satisfied, but it's more than that. She will not go to sleep, but stays vigilant, shining the flashlight in different parts of the room, just in case this is more than it seems, for my intuition is convinced that there is more than meets the eye.

Act 2 Scene 2

The mind and body are calm, but alert. 4 AM Lights and voices on the side of the house and a banging on the window. A man wearing a construction hat informing me that there is no problem and telling me to trip the main breaker.

It doesn't move. I'm not strong enough. He agrees to push it for me, even though they are not allowed to enter any premise. I open the door and he takes a step back. "Don't touch anything. The electrical panel is smoldering. It may spark or explode if you touch it." The car sits next to the electrical panel. My husband is snoring down the hall.

Act 3
Finding an electrician on a weekend and one who would be able to handle this job. I look through the phone book with my flashlight. Don't know any electricians. My pen moves towards the name of a company with a ridiculous name. "I would never call a company with a name like that." The pen ignores my comment, encircling the name. Oh, someone else is in charge here. The pen then makes a 1-2-3 list as to why this is the right company. Intuition.

Snoring stops and agreement is reached without debate. Strange? The company with the odd name responds immediately, dispatching a knowledgeable professional...clean, neat and focused. "You're very lucky you didn't lose your life or your house last night." Yes, I do know that and I am grateful. There is tremendous power in heightened awareness and healthy connections!

No comments:

Post a Comment