Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Theater of the Mind

Can't believe this... I re-sprained my old knee injury! Hit it on the corner of the car door. What is this business with my mind and body keeping me "chair-bound?" Knowing that "there are no accidents", I have to assume that I'm meant to delay returning to my life as usual. I'm reminded that I have choices. Either sit here, complain and snarl, or open myself up to whatever this is all about.

Remembered my automatic writing journal. A great way to work inside the "theater of the mind.". Love that journal and I've had great experiences with it in the past. I'm interested in knowing when I used it last and what happened. It seems that our own mind, given the opportunity, will grab it, taking us to where we need to go at that particular time and I'm ready to go somewhere now.

Here it is. The last time I wrote in it was in October, 2001. Noticing I was engrossed in a conversation with my "alive part." Reading further, recalling what was going on with me. A season of mild reactive depression. Little desire or energy to do anything. Inner journal or automatic writing is a great way to have well-guided, self-hypnotic experiences. Reading through some of the inner conversations and suggestions from the Higher Part of Me, following the experience, observing the healing, the exit door back to a healthy, balanced life being held open by my "alive part."

I haven't thought about that part of me in a long while and I'm happy to have the time to reconnect. Wondering what my "alive part" would have to say about some other things that I'm currently experiencing. Becoming re-ignited and anxious to get back to this.

Even though I haven't written in this journal since 2001, I accept life as a continuation. While I've side-stepped on tangential paths, it's still a journey of what came before, what comes next and what comes after that.

I'm reading that my "alive part" has suggested that I design my own outcomes, as I would like to have them. The depressed part of me would benefit from "mind re-hab" and changing it's relationships with particular emotions that are related to the wearing of "heavy shoes." Another suggestion is to change my family of origin...not exactly eliminating them, but making up images of different brothers and sisters that are more balanced in their approach to life. Working in the subconscious mind is often like child's play. The inner mind has a great sense of humor, loving metaphors that while appearing silly, are just the opposite. Imagining having Thanksgiving with my new and delightful, agreeable and friendly family of siblings. But, sensing mySelf being encumbered by ridiculous heavy shoes is not too far from the truth. Perhaps my subconscious hasn't been in shoe departments lately!

Automatic journaling allows me to frame areas of my life that I choose to work on. This can be anything, from problems, health issues, habits, addictions to areas of creative living and design. I spend some time thinking about what I would like to address. Usually choosing just one or two things at a time. I'm never sure how many parts of me might like to weigh in on the issue, and I might even have some visitors from the Universe at Large. One thing for sure, it's always an enlightening experience.
Sometimes I meet up with some of my younger Selves. On occasion, future or much older Selves have joined the conversation, along with the inner workings of a particular problem. I can always expect emotions to be exposed, both positive and negative. Once again, this all happens automatically and right off the end of my pen or on the computer screen, if we all choose to type. WE? Yes, we. All parts have points of view and flashlights to shine on different aspects of whatever is on the table. As for the Universal Guests, can never be sure who will turn up.

I do have a meeting room in the "theater of my mind", but most of the time we just meet in a quiet, spiritual place....perhaps in a garden or by the side of a stream, or under the "library trees." Those are trees with built-in reference texts from the most powerful Universal Beings. I especially love going there because the energy is so BIG.

My journal is ready and inviting. However, I'm not alone today. A childPart of me has presented herSelf, wanting to travel along with me. I had a feeling that something special was going to happen, so perhaps this is a clue. The child is wearing heavy braces on her legs, rather like the kind children wore when polio was common. She's also dressed in rather cumbersome clothing. Heavy sweater, hat and scarf. This is Florida, but obviously that means nothing to this part of me.

Relaxing deeply into the moment now. Fingers not touching the computer keys. Eyes closed gently and slightly turned up. Entering the subconscious mind via the spiral staircase, the suggestion of the childPart. Most likely this also has a meaning, so I'll remember to ask. Going down, down and further down. Eyes opening, fingers working independently from my mind. Questions appearing as if being asked by themselves...

No comments:

Post a Comment